By DJ Monk
Rising Aussie power pop/punk trio The Chats – whom ÜR’s own DJ Astrocreep has predicted are going to the “huge” in 2020 – will release their debut album, ‘High Risk Behaviour’, via their own Bargain Bin Records on 27 March.
The release has been preceded today (Thursday 16 January) with a new single, ‘The Clap’ – which the band themselves describe as “a cautionary tale about a root gone wrong and an STI that just wouldn’t leave” – and a suitably eye-watering accompanying video:
‘High Risk Behaviour’ is available to pre-order HERE.
The Chats have also confirmed that they are to return to this corner of the Überverse in October, for a tour which will see them demonstrating their upward trajectory by, in most cases, playing venues double or more the capacity of venues they headlined on their two visits last year:
- Friday 16 – Southampton, 1865
- Saturday 17 – Nottingham, Rock City
- Sunday 18 – Bristol, 02 Academy
- Monday 19 – Dublin, Olympia
- Tuesday 20 – Belfast, Limelight
- Thursday 22 – Glasgow, Galvanizers
- Friday 23 – Leeds, Stylus
- Saturday 24 – Newcastle, Boiler Shop
- Sunday 25 – Manchester, 02 Academy
- Monday 26 – Brighton, Dome
- Wednesday 28 – London, Electric Brixton
- Thursday 29 – London, Electric Brixton
Tickets for all shows go on sale from all usual outlets next Friday (24 January).