ÜR faves Trucker Diablo have today released a video for their new single, ‘Other Side Of The City’.
Trucker frontman Tom Harte told us the background to the song, which is officially released on 26 April:
“I remember when we wrote ‘…City’. Simon and I were in my old rock shed jamming and reminiscing about the old days, growing up, all our favourite films and music. Simon showed me this riff he had, and I started jamming and when he played the chorus, the first lyric I sang is still the lyric today. It was like magic and we loved it. We pride ourselves on good songs no matter how heavy or light, the song is king and we are proud of how it turned out.”
The song is the first to be lifted from Trucker’s new album, ‘Devil Songs’, which is scheduled for release next month and will be a mammoth 30-song double CD package to mark the band’s tenth anniversary. It will feature the band’s first two albums, ‘The Devil Rhythm’ and ‘Songs of Iron’, as well as bonus tracks and previously unreleased material.
Meanwhile, the Big Truck is also heading back out on the road, with the following dates confirmed for the rest of the year:
- Friday 24 May – Lincoln, Call Of The Wild
- Sunday 26 May – Stoke Prior, Breaking Bands
- Saturday 3 August – Dungannon, Bapper’s Gig
- Friday 23 August – Hilden, Beer Festival
- Friday 13 September – Galashiels. MacArts
- Saturday 14 September – Sheffield, Rockin’ The Bowl
- Friday 15 November – Inverness, Monsterfest