By DJ Monk
Brighton-based alt-rockers As It Is have marked the start of their latest UK tour with the release of the first in a series of four new EPs which sees them re-interpret their most recent album, ‘The Great Depression’.
‘Denial: Reimagined’, produced by AII vocalist, Patty Walters, will be followed by EPs taking the themes of ‘Anger’, ‘Bargaining’ and ‘Acceptance’. Each will also feature artwork which will represent a respective quarter of a larger piece of art, complete when all four artworks have been pieced together.
“We believe that reimagined songs can breathe new life and meaning into the lyrics, opening the door to find further truths within music,” says Walters. We hope that you enjoy this new, exciting, and immersive extension of ‘The Great Depression’.”
As It Is kick off their tour in Bath tonight (Friday 1 March), with remaining dates as follows:
- Saturday 2 – Bridgend, Hobos
- Monday 4 – Belfast, Oh Yeah Centre
- Tuesday 5 – Dublin, Green Room
- Thursday 7 – Liverpool, Arts Club Loft
- Friday 8 – Carlisle, Old Fire Station
- Saturday 9 – Aberdeen, Tunnels
- Monday 11 – Stoke, Sugarmill
- Tuesday 12 – Colchester, Arts Centre
- Thursday 14 – Leicester, Academy 2
- Friday 15 – Brighton, Concorde 2